Personal sites versus non personal sites:
There are a few blogs out there that I read on a regular basis, and for some reason they are all filled with very personal info like the theblondesalad - on a boat trip.Information and pictures that I would have a hard time sharing if I started to really think about the consequences. For instant anyone can download as much of your content as they want, and you loose control over every piece of information on that one post. The person downloading can then use that photo/writing for anything they want…and you can end up on a porn site….That would never be my idea of fun…
However when you do look at these really personal sites they have a few points in common that makes me rethink the whole idea of a non personal site.
Here comes a few points these bloggers have really understood.
Your site gets:
- More or less instant fame
- Many more followers then non personal sites
- A lot more hits, and better Google ranking
- Many reactions from readers, and overall a lot more activity,
- More business coming the bloggers way, and faster.
- Many more opportunities
What do you think?
Love from the girl…