FEMALE DJ OF AUGUST/SEPTEMBER:
Charlotte Thorstvedt is a Norwegian DJ and resident/booking manager of the respected underground house & techno venue The Villa in Oslo Norway. She has been an integral part of building the club up to its current reputable status due to a consisting run of cutting edge bookings. The Villa has been voted by DJ mag, Pulse Radio, Resident Advisor, and The Guardian to be amongst the top clubs in the world.
Her DJing has brought her all over the world to clubs and festivals in places like Berlin, London, Amsterdam, Ibiza, Mexico, Rio, and LA. Recent gigs have sent her to a wide range of places; from legendary institutions like The Electric Pickle in Miami to bunker raves in Romania.
Her eclectic DJ style, which blends the old with the new, minimal techno with forgotten house gems, has garnered her much attention. She has played alongside names like Guy Gerber, Lake People, Shaun Reeves, Konrad Black, Ivan Smagghe and many more. She has been featured in podcast series’ such as Deep House Amsterdam, Pulse Radio, and Apotek, amongst others.
In 2012 she released her debut album "Salome". Tracing back her career, Charlotte was an MTV VJ for 3 years, presenting shows like MTV News and Spanking New, as well as the pan European program Euro Top 20. Fun fact: She has a masters degree in anthropology.
Friday, August 28, 2015
Thursday, August 27, 2015
HOW TO HANDLE PEOPLE YOU DO NOT LIKE AT WORK:
WAYS OF HANDLING PEOPLE/NEGATIVE SITUATIONS AT WORK:
- Find small things to smile about every day.
- Do not speak to negative people to much during the day it will only make YOUR day that much harder.
- In a conflict never get personal, but always stick to the task at hand.
- Try being as positive as you can.
- Light a candle every day or make some of your favorite coffee.
- Try to think that even horrible people have some good in them (however they might not)
- You are there for YOU so do not waste time thinking about all the small things that pop up every day.
- Make your office /desk a bit "nice" to keep your day easier, and your work flowing.
- Wear something pretty to the office...your favorite shirt to make yourself look as good as possible.
- Put on that favorite lip color.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
FEMALE OF THE MONTH:
So here we go!
The idea behind it will now be explained a bit further!
As a female i think is it important to give support to all the talented/gorgoeus and overal great women out there. They are all doing such awesome things in the world wether it be as a designer/dj/business owners/rock climbers and so forth.All these women deserve to be celebrated for all the hard work they do.
That is what these series is ALL ABOUT :)
So welcome to a blogging series loving/celebrating and showing just how great we girls are :)